Stories from the heart : Missouri's African American heritage / collected and told by Gladys Caines Coggswell
- Columbia, Mo. : University of Missouri Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 141 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Caines Coggswell, Gladys
- Missouri heritage readers
- Machine generated contents note: Introduction.Family Stories -- 1.Finding Frankford -- Mrs. Marie Campbell -- Rev. Faye Vaughn -- Mrs. Camie Doolin -- 2.Getting to Know Hannibal -- Mrs. Dorine Ambers -- Mrs. Lillian Jones -- Mrs. Louise Williams -- Angela Williams -- 3.Bowling Green -- Mr. Jerry Grimmett -- 4.St. Louis -- Eldertellers Mrs. Catherine Clemmons, Mrs. Icey Gardner, and Mrs. Mildred Grice -- Carole Shelton -- Mettazee Morris -- 5.In the Bootheel -- Evelyn Pulliam -- Loretta Washington -- 6.Country Schools, City Schools -- Loretta Washington -- Marlene Rhodes -- 7.Why We Tell Stories -- Tracy Milsap -- Coggswell Family Stories -- 8.Change and Continuity in Missouri Storytelling.
- "A collection of African American family stories and traditional tales, compiled and brought to print by a master storyteller as she visited Missouri communities and participated in storytelling events over the last two decades"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780826218445 (pbk. : alk. paper)
082621844X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 133-134) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6967524