The impact of international achievement studies on national education policymaking [electronic resource] / edited by Alexander W. Wiseman
- International perspectives on education and society, v. 13
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Opportunities And Limitations Of International Achievement Studies -- Monitoring the Quality of Education: Exploration of Concept, Methodology, and the Link Between Research and Policy / Frank van Cappelle -- Why Participate? Cross-National Assessments and Foreign Aid to Education / Rie Kijima -- Does Inequality Influence the Impact of Schools on Student Mathematics Achievement? A Comparison of Nine High-, Medium-, And Low-Inequality Countries / Thomas F. Luschei -- New Directions in National Education Policymaking: Student Career Plans in International Achievement Studies / Lawrence J. Saha -- Analyzing Turkey's Data from Timss 2007 to Investigate Regional Disparities in Eighth Grade Science Achievement / Ebru Erberber -- pt. II Comparative Contributions Of International Achievement Studies To Educational Policymaking -- The Impact of Standardized Testing On Education Quality in Kyrgyzstan: The Case Of The Program For International Student Assessment (PISA) 2006 / Keneshbek Sainazarov -- From Equity of Access to International Quality Standards for Curbing Corruption in Secondary and Higher Education and Closing Achievement Gaps in Post-Soviet Countries / Mariam Orkodashvili -- A Comparative Analysis of Discourses on Equity in Education in the Oecd and Norway / Cecilie Ronning Haugen -- The Impact of International Achievement Studies on National Education Policymaking: The Case of Slovenia - How Many Watches do we Need? / Eva Klemencic -- Finland, Pisa, and the Implications of International Achievement Studies on Education Policy / Jennifer H. Chung -- pt. III Critical Frameworks For Understanding The Impact of International Achievement Studies -- Why the Fireworks?: Theoretical Perspectives on the Explosion in International Assessments / Jennifer DeBoer -- Standardized Tests in An Era of International Competition And Accountability / M. Fernanda Pineda.
- 0857244507 (electronic bk.)
9780857244505 (electronic bk.)
- Description based on print version record.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Perth, W.A. Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6967981