Lessons from the financial crisis [electronic resource] : causes, consequences, and our economic future / [edited] by Robert W. Kolb
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxv, 667 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Kolb, Robert W., 1949- and Ebooks Corporation
- Front Matter -- Overview of the Crisis. Leverage and Liberal Democracy / George Bragues -- A Property Economics Explanation of the Global Financial Crisis / Gunnar Heinsohn, Frank Decker -- Of Subprimes and Sundry Symptoms: The Political Economy of the Financial Crisis / Ashok Bardhan -- The Political Economy of the Financial Crisis of 2008 / Roger D Congleton -- The Global Financial Crisis of 2008: What Went Wrong? / Hershey H Friedman, Linda Weiser Friedman -- The Roots of the Crisis and How to Bring It to a Close / James K Galbraith -- Enron Rerun: The Credit Crisis in Three Easy Pieces / Jonathan C Lipson -- The Global Crisis and Its Origins / Peter L Swan -- Four Paradoxes of the 2008₆2009 Economic and Financial Crisis / John E Marthinsen -- Understanding the Subprime Financial Crisis / Steven L Schwarcz -- Causes and Consequences of the Financial Crisis. The Origins of the Financial Crisis / Martin N Baily, Robert E Litan, Matthew S Johnson -- Ten Myths About Subprime Mortgages / Yuliya Demyanyk -- The Financial Crisis: How Did We Get Here and Where Do We Go Next? New Evidence on How the Crisis Spread Among Financial Institutions / James R Barth, Tong Li, Lu Wenling, Glenn H Yago -- A Decade of Living Dangerously: The Causes and Consequences of the Mortgage, Financial, and Economic Crises / Jon A Garfinkel, Jarjisu Sa-Aadu -- Making Sense of the Subprime Crisis / Kristopher S Gerardi, Andreas Lehnert, Shane M Sherlund, Paul Willen -- Miraculous Financial Engineering Or Legacy Assets? / Ivo Pezzuto -- The Making and Ending of the Financial Crisis of 2007₆2009 / Austin Murphy -- The Subprime Mortgage Problem: Causes and Likely Cure / Ronald D Utt -- Sequence of Asset Bubbles and the Global Financial Crisis / Abol Jalilvand, A G (Tassos) Malliaris -- Borrowers. The Past, Present, and Future of Subprime Mortgages / Shane M Sherlund -- Fha Loans and Policy Responses to Credit Availability / Marsha Courchane, Rajeev Darolia, Peter Zorn -- The Single-Family Mortgage Industry in the Internet Era: Technology Developments and Market Structure / Forrest Pafenberg -- Speed Kills? Mortgage Credit Boom and the Crisis / Giovanni Dell'ariccia, Deniz Igan, Luc Laeven -- Subprime Mortgages: What We have Learned from a New Class of Homeowners / Todd J Zywicki, Satya Thallam -- Rating Agencies: Facilitators of Predatory Lending in the Subprime Market / David J Reiss -- the Process of Securitization. A Primer on the Role of Securitization in the Credit Market Crisis of 2007 / John D Martin -- Incentives in the Originate-to-Distribute Model of Mortgage Production / Robert W Kolb -- Did Securitization Lead to Lax Screening? Evidence from Subprime Loans / Benjamin J Keys, Tanmoy Mukherjee, Amit Seru, Vikrant Vig -- Tumbling Tower of Babel: Subprime Securitization and the Credit Crisis / Bruce I Jacobs -- The Incentives of Mortgage Servicers and Designing Loan Modifications to Address the Mortgage Crisis / Larry Cordell, Karen Dynan, Andreas Lehnert, Nellie Liang, Eileen Mauskopf -- The Contribution of Structured Finance to the Financial Crisis: An Introductory Overview / Adrian ARJM Van Rixtel, Sarai Criado -- Problematic Practices of Credit Rating Agencies: The Neglected Risks of Mortgage-Backed Securities / Phil Hosp -- Did Asset Complexity Trigger Ratings Bias? / Vasiliki Skreta, Laura Veldkamp -- The Pitfalls of Originate-to-Distribute in Bank Lending / Antje Berndt, Anurag Gupta -- Risk Management and Mismanagement. Behavioral Basis of the Financial Crisis / J V Rizzi -- Risk Management Failures During the Financial Crisis / Michel Crouhy -- The Outsourcing of Financial Regulation to Risk Models / Erik F Gerding -- The Future of Risk Modeling / Elizabeth Sheedy -- What Happened to Risk Management During the 2008₆2009 Financial Crisis? / Michael Mcaleer, Teodosio P̌rez-Amaral, Juan-Angel Jim̌nez-Martin -- Risk Management Lessons from the Global Financial Crisis for Derivative Exchanges / JAYANTH VARMA -- the Problem of Regulation. Regulation and Financial Stability in the Age of Turbulence / David S Bieri -- The Financial Crisis of 2007₆2009: Missing Financial Regulation Or Absentee Regulators? / George G Kaufman, A G Malliaris -- The Demise of the United Kingdom's Northern Rock and Large U.S. Financial Institutions: Public Policy Lessons / Robert A Eisenbeis, GEORGE G KAUFMAN -- Why Securities Regulation Failed to Prevent the Cdo Meltdown / Richard E Mendales -- Curbing Optimism in Managerial Estimates Through Transparent Accounting: The Case of Securitizations / Stephen Bryan, Steven Lilien, Bharat Sarath -- Basel II Put on Trial: What Role in the Financial Crisis? / Francesco Cannata, Mario Quagliariello -- Credit Rating Organizations, Their Role in the Current Calamity, and Future Prospects for Reform / Thomas J Fitzpatrick, Chris Sagers -- Global Regulation for Global Markets? / Michael W Taylor, Douglas W Arner -- Financial Regulation, Behavioral Finance, and the Global Financial Crisis: In Search of a New Regulatory Model / Emilios Avgouleas -- Institutional Failures. Why Financial Conglomerates Are at the Center of the Financial Crisis / Arthur E Wilmarth -- Corporate Governance and the Financial Crisis: A Case Study from the S & P 500 / Brian R Cheffins -- Secondary-Management Conflicts / Steven L Schwarcz -- The Financial Crisis and the Systemic Failure of Academic Economics / David Colander, Michael Goldberg, Armin Haas, Alan Kirman, Katarina Juselius, Brigitte Sloth, Thomas Lux -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac: Privatizing Profit and Socializing Loss / David Reiss -- Disclosure's Failure in the Subprime Mortgage Crisis / Steven L Schwarcz -- the Federal Reserve, Monetary Policy, and the Financial Crisis. Federal Reserve Policy and the Housing Bubble / Lawrence H White -- The Greenspan and Bernanke Federal Reserve Roles in the Financial Crisis / John Ryan -- The Risk Management Approach to Monetary Policy: Lessons from the Financial Crisis of 2007₆2009 / Marc D Hayford, A G Malliaris -- Reawakening the Inflationary Monster: U.S. Monetary Policy and the Federal Reserve / Kevin Dowd, Martin Hutchinson -- The Transformation of the Federal Reserve System Balance Sheet and Its Implications / Peter Stella -- Implications of the Crisis for Our Economic Systems. Systemic Risk and Markets / Steven L Schwarcz -- The Transmission of Liquidity Shocks During the Crisis: Ongoing Research into the Transmission of Liquidity Shock Suggests the Emergence of a Range of New Channels During the Credit Crisis / Nathaniel Frank, Brenda Gonz̀lez-Hermosillo, Heiko Hesse -- Credit Contagion from Counterparty Risk / Philippe Jorion, Gaiyan Zhang -- International Dimensions of the Financial Crisis. Only in America? When Housing Boom Turns to Bust / Luci Ellis -- The Equity Risk Premium Amid a Global Financial Crisis / John R Graham, Campbell R Harvey -- Australia's Experience in the Global Financial Crisis / Christine Brown, Kevin Davis -- Collapse of a Financial System: An Icelandic Saga / Tryggvi Thor Herbertsson -- Iceland's Banking Sector and the Political Economy of Crisis / James A H S Hine, Ian Ashman -- The Subprime Crisis: Implications for Emerging Markets / William B Gwinner, Anthony B Sanders -- Financial Solutions and Our Economic Future. The Long-Term Cost of the Financial Crisis / Murillo Campello, John R Graham, Campbell R Harvey -- Coping with the Financial Crisis: Illiquidity and the Role of Government Intervention / Bastian Breitenfellner, Niklas Wagner -- Fiscal Policy for the Crisis / Antonio Spilimbergo, Steven Symansky, Olivier Blanchard, Carlo Cottarelli -- The Future of Securitization / Steven L Schwarcz -- Modification of Mortgages in Bankruptcy / Adam J Levitin -- The Shadow Bankruptcy System / Jonathan C Lipson -- Reregulating Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac / Dwight M Jaffee -- Would Greater Regulation of Hedge Funds Reduce Systemic Risk? / Michael R King, Philipp Maier -- Regulating Credit Default Swaps / Houman B Shadab -- Index.
- 0470622393 (electronic bk.)
9780470622391 (electronic bk.)
- Description based on print version record.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Perth, W.A. Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6968506