Massachusetts General Hospital handbook of general hospital psychiatry [electronic resource] / Theodore A. Stern [and others].
- Additional Titles:
- Handbook of general hospital psychiatry
- Philadelphia : Saunders/Elsevier, 
- Copyright Date:
- 6th ed.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 729 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Stern, Theodore A. and ScienceDirect (Online service)
- Beginnings: psychosomatic medicine and consultation psychiatry in the general hospital / Thomas P. Hackett ... [et al.] -- Approach to consultation psychiatry: assessment strategies / John Querques and Theodore A. Stern -- The doctor-patient relationship / Christopher Gordon, Margot Philips, and Eugene V. Beresin -- The psychiatric interview / Eugene V. Beresin, Margot Phillips, and Christopher Gordon -- Functional neuroanatomy and the neurologic examination / Anthony P. Weiss and Stephan Heckers -- Limbic music / George B. Murray and Nicholas Kontos -- Psychological and neuropsychological assessment / Mark A. Blais, Sheila M. O'Keefe, and Dennis K. Norman -- Diagnostic rating scales and laboratory tests / Joshua L. Roffman, Benjamin C. Silverman, and Theodore A. Stern -- Mood-disordered patients / Paolo Cassano ... [et al.] -- Delirious patients / Jason P. Caplan ... [et al.] -- Demented patients / William E. Falk and Ilse R. Wiechers -- Psychotic patients / Oliver Freudenreich and Donald C. Goff -- Anxious patients / Mark H. Pollack ... [et al.] -- Alcoholic patients: acute and chronic / Julie D. Ross, David R. Gastfriend, and John A. Renner, Jr. -- Drug-addicted patients / John A. Renner, Jr., Julie D. Ross, and David R. Gastfriend -- Functional somatic symptoms, deception syndromes, and somatoform disorders / Ilana M. Braun ... [et al.] -- Patients with an eating disorder / Anne E. Becker ... [et al.] -- Pain patients / Shamim H. Nejad and Menekse Alpay -- Patients with neurologic conditions I. / Jeff C. Huffman ... [et al.] -- Patients with neurologic conditions II. / Shamim H. Nejad ... [et al.] -- Catatonia, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, and serotonin syndrome / Gregory L. Fricchione ... [et al.] -- Patients with disordered sleep / Patrick Smallwood, Davin K. Quinn, and Theodore A. Stern -- The psychiatric management of patients with cardiac disease / Guy Maytal ... [et al.] -- Sexual disorders and sexual dysfunction / Linda C. Shafer -- Organ failure and transplantation / Owen S. Surman and Laura M. Prager -- Patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome / BJ Beck, Oliver Freudenreich, and Jonathan L. Worth -- Patients with cancer / Ilana M. Braun, William F. Pirl, and Donna B. Greenberg -- Burn patients / Megan Moore Brennan ... [et al.] -- Chronic medical illness and rehabilitation / Guy Maytal ... [et al.] -- Intensive care unit patients / John Querques and Theodore A. Stern -- Genetics and psychiatry / Daniel H. Ebert ... [et al.] -- Coping with illness and psychotherapy of the medically ill / Steven C. Schlozman ... [et al.] -- Electroconculsive therapy in the general hospital / Charles A. Welch, Carlos Fernandez-Robles, and Cristina Cusin -- Psychopharmacology in the medical setting / Jonathan R. Stevens ... [et al.] -- Psychopharmacological management of children and adolescents / Boris A. Lorberg and Jefferson B. Prince -- Behavioral medicine / Brian A. Palmer, Lisa Scharff, and Bruce J. Masek -- Complementary medicine and natural medications / Felicia A. Smith and David Mischoulon -- Difficult patients / Daniel J. Zimmerman and James E. Groves -- Emergency psychiatry / Jennifer M. Park ... [et al.] -- Care of the suicidal patient / Rebecca W. Brendel ... [et al.] -- Care at the end of life / Rebecca W. Brendel -- Pediatric consultation / Brian P. Kurtz, Anna C. Muriel, and Annah N. Abrams -- Consultation to parents with serious medical illness: parenting at a challenging time / Kristin S. Russell and Paula K. Rauch -- Care of the geriatric patient / M. Cornelia Cremens and Ilse R. Wiechers -- Aggressive and impulsive patients / Guy Maytal and Kathy M. Sanders -- Psychiatric illness during pregnancy and the postpartum period / Betty Wang ... [et al.] -- Culture and psychiatry / David C. Henderson -- Legal aspects of consultation / Ronald Schouten and Rebecca W. Brendel -- Collaborative care: psychiatry and primary care / BJ Beck -- Coping with the rigors of psychiatric practice / Abigail L. Donovan, Edward Messner, and Theodore A. Stern -- Billing, documentation, and cost-effectiveness of consultation / Nicholas Kontos, Robert M. Stern, and Theodore A. Stern -- Quality assurance and quality improvement on a psychiatric consultation service / Anthony P. Weiss and Theodore A. Stern -- Psychiatric research in the general hospital / Adrienne O. van Nieuwenhuizen and Dan V. Iosifescu -- Medical psychiatry and its future / Benjamin C. Silverman.
- Massachusetts General Hospital Handbook of General Hospital Psychiatry, by Theodore A. Stern, Gregory L. Fricchione, Ned H. Cassem, Michael Jellinek, and Jerrold F. Rosenbaum, is your ideal source of guidance on consultation-liaison psychiatry! Experts from the Massachusetts General Hospital-widely respected as one of the world's premier psychiatric institutions-provide practical advice on the diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric issues experienced by in-hospital, medically ill adults and children. This compact resource reads like a handbook, but delivers all the details you₂d expect from a textbook. Understand and manage the psychological impact of chronic medical problems, life-threatening diseases, disfigurement, and more. Effectively manage difficult patients, including those with hypochondriacal and conversion disorders.
- 9781437719277 (electronic bk.)
1437719279 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2011. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Jan. 19, 2011). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 6969878