Chinese herbal medicines [electronic resource] : comparisons and characteristics = 中药比较与中药特性 / Yifan Yang ; foreword by Mazin Al-Khafaji
- Chinese herbal medicines [electronic resource] : comparisons and characteristics / Yifan Yang ; foreword by Mazin Al-Khafaji
- Yang, Yifan, MD.
- Edinburgh ; New York : Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xxxi, 254 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- ScienceDirect (Online service)
- The theory and concepts of Chinese herbal medicine -- Comparisons of the characteristics of commonly used Chinese herbal medicine.
- "Students and practitioners of Chinese herbal medicine must learn hundreds of commonly used herbs as the first step in studying Chinese herbal medicine. Additionally, junior practitioners lack the clinical experience required to ensure that they can skillfully select the appropriate herbs to use in the formulas. This presents them with a major challenge." "Chinese Herbal Medicines: Comparisons and Characteristics presents a method of learning individual herbs through vivid and clear discussion of their characteristics and through a comparison with other herbs of their characteristics and strengths. This clear and logical approach makes it easy for the user to understand and memorize the functions of specific herbs. It also enables experienced practitioners to improve their therapeutic results through the use of proper herbs to make better formulas." --Book Jacket.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2010. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Aug. 18, 2010). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 6969909