Global technology : changes and implications : summary of a forum / prepared by Steve Olson for the National Academy of Engineering of the National Academies
- Olsen, Steven, 1956-
- Washington, D.C. : National Academies Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 35 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- National Academy of Engineering
- "In the first half of the forum, each panelist explored a specific dimension of the global spread of technology. The topics varied widely, from reducing poverty to the impact of young people on technology to the need for systems thinking in engineering. But all seven presenters foresaw a world in which engineering will be fundamentally different from what it has been. In the second half of the forum, the panelists discussed a variety of issues raised by moderator Charles Vest and by forum attendees" --publisher's web site.
- 0309185041 and 9780309185042
- Other Forms:
- Also available online.
View MARC record | catkey: 6970374