The lord of the rings. The two towers [videorecording] / New Line Cinema presents a Wingnut Films production ; producers, Barrie M. Osborne, Fran Walsh, Peter Jackson ; screenplay by Fran Walsh & Philippa Boyens & Stephen Sinclair & Peter Jackson ; directed by Peter Jackson
- Uniform Title:
- Lord of the rings, the two towers (Motion picture)
- Additional Titles:
- Two towers
- [Los Angeles, Calif.] : New Line Productions, 
Burbank, CA : Distributed by Warner Home Video.
- Physical Description:
- 1 Blu-ray videodisc (179 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 special features DVD (sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.)
- Additional Creators:
- Jackson, Peter, 1961-
Walsh, Fran, 1959-
Ordesky, Mark, 1963-
Weinstein, Bob, 1953-
Weinstein, Harvey, 1952-
Lesnie, Andrew, 1956-2015
Wood, Elijah, 1981-
Mortensen, Viggo, 1958-
Blanchett, Cate, 1969-
Hill, Bernard, 1944-
Boyd, Billy, 1968-
Monaghan, Dominic, 1976-
Bloom, Orlando, 1977-
Weaving, Hugo, 1960-
Wenham, David, 1965-
Urban, Karl, 1972-
Noble, John, 1948-
Holm, Ian, 1931-
Sinclair, Stephen, 1956-
Tolkien, J. R. R. (John Ronald Reuel), 1892-1973
New Line Cinema Corporation
WingNut Films (Firm)
New Line Productions, Inc
Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English or Spanish dialogue; with optional English (SDH) and Spanish subtitles.
Subtitled for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- "Frodo Baggins and the Fellowship continue their quest to destroy the One Ring and stand against the evil of the dark lord Sauron. The Fellowship has divided and now find themselves taking different paths to defeating Sauron and his allies. Their destinies now lie at two towers - Orthanc Tower in Isengard, where the corrupted wizard Saruman waits and Sauron's fortress at Baraddur, deep within the dark lands of Mordor."--Amazon.com.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: PG-13; for epic battle sequences and some scary images.
- Blu-ray disc requires Blu-ray player.
Cataloged from container.
Originally produced as a motion pictures in 2002.
Based on the Lord of the Rings books by J.R.R. Tolkien.
Special features: (Blu-ray): Theatrical trailers; "The lord of the rings: Aragorn's quest:" game trailer (in HD).
Special features: (DVD): 2 absorbing documentaries, including Return to Middle-earth; Sean Astin directs the behind-the-scenes piece "The long and short of it," plus a making-of; featurette gallery spotlighting the technical wizardry behind this middle chapter of the sage, including "The battle of Helm's deep" and "Bringing Gollum to life;" music video "Gollum's song" by Emiliana Torrini; preview of The return of the King movie; theatrical trailers & TV spots.
Description based on surrogate.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Production designer, Grant Major ; costume designers, Ngila Dickson, Richard Taylor ; special make-up, creatures, armour and miniatures, WETA Ltd. NZ ; music by Howard Shore ; editor, Michael Horton ; director of photography, Andrew Lesnie ; screenplay by Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens, Stephen Sincalir, and Peter Jackson.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Elijah Wood, Ian Mckellen, Liv Tyler, Viggo Mortensen, Sean Astin, Cate Blanchett, John Rhys-Davies, Bernard Hill, Billy Boyd, Dominic Monaghan, Orlando Bloom, Hugo Weaving, Miranda Otto, David Wenham, Karl Urban, John Noble, Andy Serkis, Ian Holm, Sean Bean.
- Technical Details:
- Blu-ray, 16x9 widescreen (2.4:1) presentation; Dolby DTS-HD master audio English 6.1 surround, Dolby digital Spanish 2.0 stereo., 1080p High Definition.
Second disc in standard DVD format contains special features.
- These Blu-ray and DVD discs are copy protected.
- Academy Awards, 2002: Best Sound Editing and Best Visual Effects
View MARC record | catkey: 6972215