Mongols [videorecording] : storm from the east / a NHK, BBC co-production ; Robert Marshall, series producer and director
- Additional Titles:
- Storm from the east
- Princeton, NJ : Films for the Humanities, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 4 videodiscs (200 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Marshall, Robert
Films for the Humanities & Sciences (Firm)
Nihon Hōsō Kyōkai
British Broadcasting Corporation
- v. 1 Birth of an empire -- v. 2 World conquerors -- v. 3 Tartar crusaders -- v. 4 The last Khan of Khans.
- Covers the life and accomplishments of Genghis Khan and examines the art, culture, science, and technology of Mongol civilization. Genghis Khan left not only a highly trained army, but the beginning of an imperial administrative framework, a system of taxation, a communications network₇all of which were built upon and expanded by his successors. The series was filmed on location in Mongolia and also features battle re-enactments shot at historical locations throughout Europe and Asia.
- Related Titles:
- Birth of an empire
Last Khan of Khans
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Narrator, Sean Barrett ; original music, Richard Attree.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Arts & Humanities copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2010.
View MARC record | catkey: 6973606