The quick resume & cover letter book : write and use an effective resume in only one day / Michael Farr
- Farr, J. Michael
- Additional Titles:
- Quick resume and cover letter book
- Indianapolis, IN : JIST Works, 
- Copyright Date:
- 5th ed.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 404 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Machine generated contents note: pt. 1 Write and Send a Resume in a Day -- ch. 1 Quick Tips for Creating and Using a Resume -- What Is a Resume? -- Do You Really Need a Resume? -- Everyone Thinks They're a Resume Expert -- Resume Basics---for Print and Electronic Formats -- Three Types of Resumes -- Your Resume Is Only as Good as How You Use It -- ch. 2 Write a Simple Resume in About an Hour -- Two Chronological Resume Samples -- The Major Sections of a Chronological Resume -- The Final Draft -- ch. 3 Write a Skills Resume in Just a Few Hours -- What Is a Skills Resume? -- A Sample Skills Resume -- Writing a Skills Resume -- Tips for Editing Your Draft Resume into Final Form -- More Sample Skills Resumes (and JIST Cards) -- ch. 4 Develop an Electronic Resume in Less Than an Hour -- Applying Directly to Employers Online -- A Sample Text-Only Resume -- Adapting Your Resume for Electronic Use -- The Importance of Keywords -- Put Your Resume into Online Job Banks -- Using the Internet to Go Beyond the Resume -- pt. 2 A More Thorough Approach to Resume Writing and Career Planning -- ch. 5 Develop a Powerful New Skills Language -- Three Major Types of Skills -- Identify Your Skills -- ch. 6 Document the Details of Your Work and Life Experience -- Quick Tips for Completing the Forms -- The Worksheets -- ch. 7 Identify Your Perfect Job and Industry -- Why You Need a Job Objective -- Consider Jobs Within Groups of Related Occupations -- The U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Outlook Handbook -- Other Important Sources of Occupational Information -- Also Consider Industries in Your Job Search -- Values, Preferences, and Other Factors to Consider in Defining Your Job Objective -- Write Your Job Objective -- Finalize Your Job Objective -- ch. 8 Highlight Your Strengths and Overcome Problems on Your Resume -- Never Highlight a Negative -- General Guidelines for Handling Problems -- Other Items to Include (or Not Include) on Your Resume -- A Final Few Words on Handling Problems -- ch. 9 Write a Better Resume Now -- If You Aren't Good at Writing a Resume, Get Some Help -- What Sort of Resume Will Work Best for You? -- Gather Information and Emphasize Accomplishments, Skills, and Results -- More Quick Resume Writing Tips -- More Tips to Improve Your Resume's Design -- pt. 3 A Stupendous Collection of Professionally Written and Designed Resumes -- ch. 10 Sample Chronological Resumes -- ch. 11 Sample Skills-Based and Combination Resumes -- ch. 12 Sample Electronic Resumes -- pt. 4 Quick Cover Letters, Thank-You Notes, JIST Cards, and Other Job Search Correspondence -- ch. 13 The Quick Cover Letter and How to Use It -- Seven Quick Tips for Writing a Superior Cover Letter in 15 Minutes -- Writing Cover Letters to People You Know -- Writing Cover Letters to People You Don't Know -- Additional Sample Cover Letters -- ch. 14 Thank-You Letters and JIST Cards -- The Importance of Thank-You Letters -- The JIST Card®: A Mini-Resume and a Powerful Job Search Tool -- Other Job Search Correspondence -- pt. 5 How to Find a Job Fast -- ch. 15 Get a Good Job in Less Time -- Career Planning and Job Search Advice -- Changing Jobs and Careers Is Often Healthy -- Seven Steps for a Quick and Successful Job Search -- The Quick Job Search Review -- ch. 16 Quick Tips for Using the Internet in Your Job Search -- The Internet as a Tool for Your Job Search -- Seven Quick Tips to Increase Your Job Search Effectiveness on the Internet -- The Most Useful Internet Sites -- Closing Thoughts: Remember Your Main Purpose.
- 9781593578565 (alk. paper)
1593578563 (alk. paper)
- Includes index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- York copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2010.
View MARC record | catkey: 6973721