Our last best chance : the pursuit of peace in a time of peril / King Abdullah II.
- Abdullah II, King of Jordan, 1962-
- New York : Viking, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 346 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Machine generated contents note: PART I -- 1.The Conflict Begins -- 2.The 1967 War -- 3.Dark Clouds over Amman -- 4.Arriving in America -- PART II -- 5.Sandhurst -- 6.Qatraneh Nights -- 7.A Secret Mission -- 8."You Guys Don't Stand a Chance" -- 9.A Royal Wedding -- 10.Lessons in Diplomacy -- 11.Very Special Operations -- PART III -- 12.In the Footsteps of a Legend -- 13.Becoming King -- 14.Friends and Neighbors -- 15.Transforming Jordan -- 16.Desert Deerfield -- PART IV -- 17.Jerusalem at the Heart of Conflict -- 18.Seeking Peace, Getting War -- 19.War in the Desert -- 20."We Will Be Greeted as Liberators" -- PART V -- 21.My Islam -- 22.Jordan's 9/11 -- 23.The Amman Message -- PART VI -- 24.The End of an Era -- 25.The Mask Slips -- 26.A New Voice from America -- 27.Fortress Israel or a Fifty-Seven-State Solution?.
- The eldest son of Jordan's King Hussein, the author had not expected to ascend to the throne; his father's brother had long been crown prince. But he was chosen by the king on his deathbed. Both a memoir and a frank discussion of how to solve problems in the Middle East.
- 9780670021710 (hbk.)
- Includes index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Altoona copy: Purchased with funds from the Robert E. Eiche Memorial Fund; 2010.
- Endowment Note:
- Robert E. Eiche Memorial Fund
View MARC record | catkey: 6974126