Health care systems : efficiency and policy settings / Isabelle Joumard [and others].
- Paris : OECD, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 207 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Joumard, Isabelle
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Health care outcomes and spending -- Efficiency measures -- Health care policies and institutions : a new set of indicators -- Linking efficiency and policy across health care systems.
- People in OECD countries are healthier than ever before, as shown by longer life expectancy and lower mortality for diseases such as cancer. At the same time, total spending on health care now absorbs over 9% of GDP on average in the OECD. Achieving value for money in the health care sector is an important objective in all OECD countries. The book takes an in-depth look at health care in OECD countries today. The publication covers trends in health care outcomes and spending; ways of assessing efficiency; new indicators of health care policies and institutions; and the characteristics and performance of health care systems.--Publisher's description.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 199-207).
- Other Forms:
- Available online to subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 6974168