Veterinary disaster medicine : working animals / Wayne E. Wingfield [and others].
- Ames, Iowa : Wiley-Blackwell ; [San Antonio, TX] : VECCS/Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Society, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 330 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Wingfield, Wayne E.
- First aid for working dogs / Wayne E. Wingfield -- First aid for working horses / Sally B. Palmer -- Veterinary triage / Wayne E. Wingfield and Sally B. Palmer -- Bomb blasts and explosives / Wayne E. Wingfield -- Working animal preparation for weapons of mass destruction threats / Wayne E. Wingfield -- Chemical injury to working animals / Wayne E. Wingfield -- Radiological events / Jerry J. Upp -- Biological agents as weapons of mass destruction / Sherrie L. Nash -- Selected animal pathogens / Sherrie L. Nash -- Veterinary euthanasia / Wayne E. Wingfield.
- "Veterinary Disaster Medicine: Working Animals is a comprehensive guide to providing first aid to service dogs and horses. Covering both common and uncommon injuries ranging from exercise-related myopathy to bomb blasts, chemical injury, and biological agents, the book provides information necessary for triage, diagnosing, and treating service animals in the aftermath of a disaster. Presented in an easy-to-use outline format, Veterinary Disaster Medicine offers guidance for the veterinary medical responder prior to and following a disaster." "With chapters including first aid, triage, weapons of mass destruction, radiation injury, pathogens, and euthanasia, the book presents essential information for many potential disaster scenarios. Veterinary Disaster Medicine appeals to veterinarians, veterinary technicians, veterinary students, search and rescue personnel, and emergency response teams." --Book Jacket.
- 9780813810171 (spiral bound : alk. paper)
0813810175 (spiral bound : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2010.
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 6975193