In the shadow of Luxembourg : EU and national developments in the regulation of gambling / edited by Alan Littler ... [and others].
- Leiden ; Boston : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 316 pages ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Littler, Alan
- General introduction / Cyrille Fijnaut -- Some public policy effects in the short and medium term in the field of gambling / Etienne Marique -- Gambling regulation in the European Union : recent developments / Alan Littler -- The perspective of the Swedish Presidency on the issue of gambling / Ellen Heldahl -- Practical implications of the Santa Casa judgment / Justin Franssen and Frank Tolboom -- Is there a future for a comprehensive EU gambling services policy? / Philippe Vlaemminck -- A view from the British Isles / David Miers -- The new Belgian gambling regulation in the European context / Nele Hoekx -- Recent developments in German gambling law / Tilman Becker -- Charges large and small in Dutch policy on gambling / Cyrille Fijnaut -- The new French legislation on online gambling in its European perspective / Fabienne Péraldi Leneuf -- French contract law and protection of the Internet gambler in the new French legislation / Aurélie Jouette Melchior -- Gambling regulation in Europe : moving beyond ambiguity and hypocrisy / Alain-Laurent Verbeke.
- 9789004192461 (hbk. : alk. paper)
9004192468 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- "With the aid of the Belgian Gaming Commission, the Belgian National Lottery, and the Dutch State Lottery, an international colloquium was organised in Leuven on 10 November 2009"--Foreword.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7056555