A quiet revolution : the veil's resurgence, from the Middle East to America / Leila Ahmed
- Ahmed, Leila
- New Haven : Yale University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- viii, 352 pages ; 25 cm
- The islamic resurgence and the veil: from emergence to migration. Unveiling -- The veil's vanishing past -- The 1970s: seeds of the resurgence -- The new veil: converging influences -- The 1980s: exploring women's motivations -- Islamist connections -- Migrations -- The 1990s: a changing climate in America -- After 9/11: new pathways in America. Prologue -- Backlash: the veil, the burkah, and the clamor of war -- Isna and the women of isna -- American Muslim women's activism in the twenty-first century.
- 9780300170955 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Berks copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2010.
Dubois copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2010.
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries)
View MARC record | catkey: 7057784