The essential guide to effect sizes : statistical power, meta-analysis, and the interpretation of research results / Paul D. Ellis
- Ellis, Paul D., 1969-
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 173 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Introduction to effect sizes -- Interpreting effects -- Power analysis and the detection of effects -- The painful lessons of power research -- Drawing conclusions using meta-analysis -- Minimizing bias in meta-analysis.
- "This succinct and jargon-free introduction to effect sizes gives students and researchers the tools they need to interpret the practical significance of their results. Using a class-tested approach that includes numerous examples and step-by-step exercises, it introduces and explains three of the most important issues relating to the practical significance of research results: the reporting and interpretation of effect sizes (Part I), the analysis of statistical power (Part II), and the meta-analytic pooling of effect size estimates drawn from different studies (Part III). The book concludes with a handy list of recommendations for those actively engaged in or currently preparing research projects"--
- 9780521194235 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 153-169) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2010.
View MARC record | catkey: 7059176