International competition and industrial change : essays in the history of mining and metallurgy, 1800-1950 / edited by Charles Harvey and Jon Press
- London ; Portland, Or. : F. Cass, 1990.
- Physical Description:
- 167 pages : illustrations, maps ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Harvey, Charles, 1950- and Press, Jon, 1953-
- Issues in the history of mining and metallurgy / Charles Harvey and Jon Press -- Serendipity or economics? tin and the theory of mineral discovery, 1800-1920 / Derek Matthews -- Mineral production, organisation and technological change: The Coeur D'Alene District of Idaho, 1890-1933 / Roger Burt -- 'Copperopolis': the rise and fall of the copper industry in the Swansea District, 1826-1931 / Edmund Newell -- The city and international mining, 1870-1914 / Charles Harvey and Jon Press -- Southern African mining interests in Australia before 1939 / Simon Katzenellenbogen -- Strategic responses to foreign competition: the British Coal Industry and the 1930 Coal Mines Act / Trevor Boyns -- Metal mining and canadian economic development before 1939 / Alexander C. Dow.
- Other Subject(s):
- "First appeared in a special issue of Business history, vol. 32, no. 3"--T.p. verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Earth and Mineral Sciences copy: Purchased with funds from the Kenneth & Marion Pollock Libraries Program Endowment; 2011.
- Endowment Note:
- Kenneth and Marion Pollock Libraries Program Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 7060150