The college cost disease [electronic resource] : higher cost and lower quality / Robert E. Martin
- Martin, Robert E. (Robert Edward), 1944-
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, Mass. : Edward Elgar, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xi, 198 pages) : illustrations
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Cost, quality, and anomalies in higher education -- 2.Statistical measures: teaching productivity, cost, financial burden, and quality -- 3.Reputations and the Chivas Regal effect -- 4.The principal/agent problem in higher education -- 5.Commercialization: The devil made me do it! -- 6.The Gresham effect, lemons, and teaching -- 7.Inside the black box.
- 9781849806176 (electronic bk.)
1849806179 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 184-194) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7063515