Military justice [electronic resource] : courts-martial, an overview
- Mason, R. Chuck
- Additional Titles:
- Courts-martial, an overview
- Washington, DC : Congressional Research Service, 2011.
- Additional Creators:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
Federation of American Scientists
- This Congressional Research Service (CRS) report, prepared for Congress and made available online by the Federation of American Scientists (FAS) discusses the types of courts-martial and procedural safeguards therein. "Members of the Armed Forces are subjected to rules, orders, proceedings, and consequences different from the rights and obligations of their civilian counterpts and the UCMJ [Uniform Code of Military Justice] establishes this unique legal framework ... The chart that concludes this report compares selected procedural safeguards employed in criminal trials in federal criminal court with parallel protective measures in military general courts-martial" -- Summary.
- Technical Details:
- Remote access through the Internet.
View MARC record | catkey: 7063615