Counterinsurgency leadership in Afghanistan, Iraq, and beyond / edited by Nicholas J. Schlosser and James M. Caiella
- Quantico, Va. : Marine Corps University Press, 2011. and [Washington, D.C.] : [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O]
- Physical Description:
- v, 204 pages : color illustrations, color maps ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Schlosser, Nicholas J., Caiella, James M., and Marine Corps University (U.S.). Press
- Pt. I. Counterinsurgency leadership. Counterinsurgency leadership : the key to Afghanistan and Iraq / Mark Moyar -- Supreme command in irregular warfare / Eliot A. Cohen -- Pt. II. Brigade and regimental command. The art of brigade command in counterinsurgency / H.R. McMaster -- Brigade command in counterinsurgency operations : lessons from the Iraq War / Peter R. Mansoor -- Regimental command in counterinsurgency / W. Blake Crowe -- Pt. III. Battalion command. The art of battalion command in counterinsurgency : a discussion / Francis J. West ... [et al.] -- Pt. IV. Officer development in the U.S. military. Officer development for counterinsurgency / Nathaniel C. Fick -- The "major" challenge of junior officer leadership development and talent management / Paula D. Broadwell -- Generalship and counterinsurgency / Thomas E. Ricks -- Pt. V. Counterinsurgency leadership in Afghanistan. Winning in Afghanistan / David W. Barno and John K. Wood -- Advising Afghan military forces / Jeffery M. Haynes -- Pt. VI. The 2009 Afghan presidential election. The Afghan election and the future of Afghanistan's leadership : a discussion / Robert D. Kaplan ... [et al.] -- Pt. VII. General officer leadership in counterinsurgency. A conversation with General David H. Petraeus.
- 9780160880094 (pbk.) and 0160880092 (pbk.)
- Shipping list no.: 2011-0295-P. and "PCN 10600002400"--T.p. verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7063814