Culture and environment : essays in honour of Sir Cyril Fox / edited by I.LL. Foster and L. Alcock
- Foster, Idris Llewelyn, 1911-
- London : Routledge & Paul, 
- Physical Description:
- xix, 538 pages : illustrations, 26 plates, maps (1 folded) portrait, plans ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Fox, Cyril, Sir, 1882-1967 and Alcock, Leslie
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Homage to Sir Cyril Fox, by M. Wheeler -- The personality of Wales, by G. Daniel -- The personality of the southern Marches of Wales in the Neolithic and early Bronze Age, by H.N. Savory -- The Abercromby and after: the Beaker cultures of Britain re-examined, by S. Piggott -- The stone circles and related monuments of Wales, by W.F. Grimes -- Some implications of chariotry, by T.G.E. Powell -- The Clun-Clee Ridgeway: a prehistorical trackway across south Shropshire, by L.F. Chitty -- Gahlstorf and Caister-on-Sea: two finds of the late Bronze Age Irish gold, by C.F.C. Hawkes and R.R. Clarke -- The Cornovii, by I.A. Richmond -- The interpretation of settlement patterns in north-west Wales, by C.A. Gresham -- Pottery and settlements in Wales and the March, A.D. 400-700, by L. Alcock -- The land of Lene, by Lord Rennell of Rodd -- The regional cultures of medieval Britain, by E.M. Jope -- The native ecclesiastical architecture of Wales (c. 1100-1285): the study of a regional style, by C.A.R. Radford -- The origin of vernacular architecture, by Lord Raglan -- The long-house in Monmouthshire: a reappraisal, by J.T. Smith -- The long-house and the laithe-house: a study of the house-and-byre homestead in Wales and the West Riding, by P. Smith -- The Welsh long-house: a brief re-appraisal, by I.C. Peate -- Some medieval English town houses: a study in adaptation, by W.A. Pantin -- A glossary of names for rooms in houses of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, by M. Barley. Bibliography of the published work of Sir Cyril Fox, by L.J. Loyd (p. 503-512).
View MARC record | catkey: 711732