Authority and the individual
- Conference Author:
- Harvard Tercentenary Conference of Arts and Sciences (1936 : Cambridge, Mass.)
- Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard university press, 1937.
- Physical Description:
- x, 371 pages ; 23 cm
- Harvard tercentenary publications ; [II]
- I. The state and economic enterprise: Intelligence and the guidance of economic evolution, by W.C. Mitchell. The state and economic fluctuation, by D.H. Robertson. The state and the entrepreneur, by D.B. Copland. Economic nationalism, by W.E. Rappard -- II. Stabitity and social change: Conservative factors in recent British history, by J.H. Clapham. The historical pattern of social change, by R.M. MacIver. Conservative factors in early colonial history, by C.M. Andrews. Authority and social change, by John Dewey -- III. The place and functions of authority: The Constitution as instrument and as symbol, by E.S. Corwin. Centralization and decentralization, by Hans Kelsen. The problem of authority and the crisis of the Greek spirit, by Werner Jaeger. Authority and the individual during the different stages of the evolution of nations, by Corrado Gini -- IV. Classicism and romanticism: Klassizismus, romanitizismus und historisches denken im 18. jahrhundert, by Friedrich Meinecke. Un romantique de 1730: l'abbé Prev́ost, by Paul Hazard. The drift to liberalism in the American eighteenth century, by Paul Hazard. The drift to liberalism in the American eighteenth century, by H.M. Jones. The historical approach to music, by E.J. Dent.
- Papers presented at a symposium of the Harvard tercentenary conference of arts and sciences (August 31-September 12, 1936).
View MARC record | catkey: 712043