Political allegiance after European integration / Jonathan White
- White, Jonathan, 1978-
- Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 266 pages : illustrations, map ; 23 cm.
- Palgrave studies in European Union politics
- Machine generated contents note: -- Political Community and the Bonds of Collectivity -- Studying the Allegiances of Europeans -- Articulations of the Political Common -- On Subjects, Opponents and Counterparts -- The Credibility of Political Projects -- The Place of Europe and the EU -- European Integration off the Meter -- Methodological Appendix -- Bibliography.
- "How should political community be seen in the context of European integration? This book combines a theoretical treatment of political allegiance with a study of ordinary citizens, examining how taxi-drivers in Britain, Germany and the Czech Republic talk politics and situate themselves relative to political institutions and other citizens"--
- 9780230279780 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7153885