African Americans in the post-emancipation South : the outsiders' view / Alton Hornsby, Jr.
- Hornsby, Alton
- Lanham, Md. : University Press of America, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 171 pages ; 23 cm
- This study uses first-hand accounts and documents to view African American life in the post-emancipation South. Spanning from the 1860s through the New Deal this study incorporates a broad cross-section of the views of European travelers and Euro-American visitors from the North. The study synthesizes the outsiders' observations and assesses their summaries' overall validity for increasing our understanding of the lives of blacks in the post-emancipation South. These accounts allow for a reconstruction of African American life and labor in the major aspects of black culture.
- 9780761851059 (paper : alk. paper)
0761851054 (paper : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 155-162) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Edwin Erle Sparks Memorial Library Fund; 2011.
- Endowment Note:
- Edwin Erle Sparks Memorial Library Fund
View MARC record | catkey: 7155349