Media archaeology : approaches, applications, and implications / edited by Erkki Huhtamo and Jussi Parikka
- Berkeley, Calif. : University of California Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- x, 356 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Huhtamo, Erkki
Parikka, Jussi, 1976-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Introduction: toward an archaeology of media archaeology / Erkki Huhtamo and Jussi Parikka -- Engines of/in the imaginary. Dismantling the fairy engine: media archaeology as topos study / Erkki Huhtamo -- On the archaeology of imaginary media / Eric Kluitenberg -- On the origins of the origins of the influencing machine / Jeffrey Sconce -- Freud and the technical media : the enduring magic of the wunderblock / Thomas Elsaesser -- (Inter)facing media. The "baby talkie," domestic media, and the Japanese modern / Machiko Kusahara -- The observer's dilemma : to play or not to play / Wanda Strauven -- The game player's duty : the user as the gestalt of the ports / Claus Pias -- The enduring ephemeral, or the future is a memory / Wendy Hui Kyong Chun -- Between analog and digital. Erased dots & rotten dashes-how to wire a head for a preservation / Paul deMarinis -- Media archaeography-method & machine versus history & narrative of media / Wolfgang Ernst -- Mapping noise : techniques and tactics of irregularities, interception and disturbance / Jussi Parikka -- Objects of our affection : how object-orientation made computers a medium / Casey Alt -- Digital media archaeology : interpreting computational processes / Noah Wardrip-Fruin -- Afterword : media archaeology and re-presencing the past / Vivian Sobchack.
- 9780520262737 (cloth : alk. paper)
0520262735 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7166059