International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union collection, 1937-1968
- Corporate Author:
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union
- Physical Description:
- 0.49 cubic feet
3 film reels, 1 audio disc, 1 photograph
- Additional Creators:
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union. Educational Department
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unrestricted access.
- The International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union (ILGWU) collection includes union and educational booklets, local union newsletters, constitutions, and agreements, the ILGWU Education Department annual reports (1941-1959), and 1 photograph of the International Ladies Garment Workers Institute Classes at Penn State, 1947, 1 long play vinyl disc, "Northeast Sings--32nd Convention, " (ILGWU, Miami Beach, FL, 1965); 3 films including President Franklin Delano Roosevelt (1940), the Knit Goods Strike, and a film of an unnamed ILGWU leisure resort (circa 1940s).
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union—Archives
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union—History—Sources
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union—Songs and music
- Collective bargaining—Clothing industry—History—Sources
- Collective bargaining—Textile industry—History—Sources
- Strikes and lockouts—Textile industry
- Women clothing workers—Labor unions—History—Sources
- Women textile workers—Labor unions—History—Sources
- Related Titles:
- Northeast sings--32nd Convention
- In Historical Collections and Labor Archives, University Libraries, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802 (#RG 51).
- Administrative History:
- The International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union organized in 1900 and reached a height of 450,000 members in the 1960s. In 1995, it merged with the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers' Union to create UNITE, a needle trades union of 300,000 members.
View MARC record | catkey: 7166219