Structured surfaces as optical metamaterials [electronic resource] / edited by Alexei A. Maradudin
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxii, 436 pages) : color illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Maradudin, Alexei A., 1931-
- Machine generated contents note: Preface; 1. Physics of extraordinary transmission through subwavelength hole arrays; 2. Resonant optical properties of nanoporous metal surfaces; 3. Optical interaction with 2D arrays of plasmonic nanoparticles; 4. Chiral surfaces; 5. Novel optical devices using negative refraction of light by periodically corrugated surfaces; 6. Transformation of optical fields by structured surfaces; 7. Surface electromagnetic waves on structured perfectly conducting surfaces; 8. Negative refraction of surface plasmon polaritons; 9. Total transmission in waveguides with randomly rough walls possessing correlated disorder; 10. Cloaking of surface electromagnetic waves; 11. Coherent control of light localization in nanostructured surfaces; Index.
- "Optical metamaterials are an exciting new field in optical science. A rapidly developing class of these metamaterials are those that allow the manipulation of volume and surface electromagnetic waves in desirable ways by suitably structuring the surfaces they interact with. They have applications in a variety of fields, such as materials science, photovoltaic technology, imaging and lensing, beam shaping, and lasing. Describing techniques and applications, this book is ideal for researchers and professionals working in metamaterials and plasmonics, as well as those just entering this exciting new field. It surveys different types of structured surfaces, their design and fabrication, their unusual optical properties, recent experimental observations, and their applications. Each chapter is written by an expert in that area, giving the reader an up-to-date overview of the subject. Both the experimental and theoretical aspects of each topic are presented"--
- 9781139010320 (electronic bk.)
1139010328 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7166636