Lady Harriet Gurney house book, 1835-1837
- Gurney, Harriet Jemima, Lady, -1837
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (85 pages) : vellum ; 21 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unrestricted access. These materials are stored offsite. Please allow three days for retrieval before use.
- This vellum-bound account book inscribed Lady Harriet Gurney house book, 25 June 1835, is approximately one-third filled (85 pages). Entries include bakery, dairy, produce, and poultry foods, as well as expenses for washing, needlework, servant's wages, charitable contributions, schooling, and postage totaling £1110 in 1836. The last entry, 7 February 1837, was entered the day before she died.
- In Historical Collections and Labor Archives, University Libraries. Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pa. (#MG 446)
- Administrative History:
- Lady Harriet Jemima Hay, daughter of William Hay, 15th Earl of Erroll, married Daniel Gurney of North Runcton, Norfolk, England, brother of Elizabeth Gurney Fry. They had many children before she died in 1837.
View MARC record | catkey: 7168140