The Christian's defence against the fears of death; : with directions how to dye well. / Written originally in French, by Charles Drelincourt. ; Abridg'd from the last French edition, by J. Spavan, M.A. ; With an account of Mrs. Veal's apparition to Mrs. Bargrave
- Drelincourt, Charles, 1595-1669
- Uniform Title:
- Consolations de l'âme fidèle contre les frayeurs de la mort. English. Abridgments
- Additional Titles:
- Remedies against the terrors of death
- Boston : Re-printed for John Phillips, on the south side of the Town-House, 1725.
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, xviii, iv, 136 pages ; 16 cm (8vo)
- Additional Creators:
- Spavan, J.
Defoe, Daniel, 1661?-1731
Phillips, John, 1701-1763
- Running title: Remedies against the terrors of death.
In 1716 London edition "An account of Mrs. Veal's apparition ..." has individual title page with attribution to Daniel Defoe.
Not in Evans or Bristol; Shipton & Mooney 2626 is for this title with a Boston, 1724 imprint as found in an advertisement in Boston Newletter (Jan. 6, 1725), but this mention is more likely for a 1724 London edition.
Translation of: Les consolations de l'âme fidèle contre les frayeurs de la mort.
Library Company copy from the Michael Zinman Collection of Early American Imprints; Zinman copy lacks back cover and has front cover mutilated exposing birch board; copy imperfect with leaves A2, C1, C4, D1-D3, E1-E2 and F2-F4 missing pieces with some loss of text; leaves C2-C3, D4, E3-E4 and F1are missing entirely or almost entirely.
NEH-Readex: not in Readex; not at AAS.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 7274081