Middlesex, ss. George the Second, by the grace of God, of Great Britain, France and Ireland, King, defender of the faith &c. : To the sheriff of our county of [blank] his under-sheriff or deputy, Greeting. We command you that you summon [blank] (if [blank] may be found in your precinct) to appear before our justices of our Inferiour Court of Common Pleas to be holden at [blank] within and for our said county of Middlesex, on the [blank] Tuesday of [blank] next: then and there in our said court to answer to [blank] To the damage of the said [blank] the sum of [blank] pounds; which shall then and there be made to appear, with other due damages: and have you there this writ, with your doings therein. Witness [blank] Esq; at Cambridge, the [blank] day of [blank] in the [blank] year of our reign. Annogue Domini, 173[blank].
- Corporate Author:
- Great Britain. Sovereign (1727-1760 : George II)
- Additional Titles:
- George the Second, by the grace of God, of Great Britain, France and Ireland, King, defender of the faith &c. and To the sheriff of our county of [blank] his under-sheriff or deputy, Greeting
- [Boston, Mass.] : [publisher not identified], [not after 1738]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) ; 16 x 20 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Dowse, Jonathan, Hammond, Nathaniel, 1679-1749, Lamson, John, 1686-1757, Mason, Thaddeus, and Zinman, Michael
- A summons form., Not in Evans or Bristol., Library Company copy from the Michael Zinman Collection of Early American Imprints., Library Company copy is completed in MS. for the sheriff of Hampshire County, Mass., dated Nov. 12, 1738; witnessed by Jonathan Dowse, and signed by Thaddeus Mason, clerk. The warrant is for the judgment of 100 pounds against John Lamson, yeoman, of Weston, Mass., in an action brought by Nathaniel Hammond, gentleman, of Littleton, Mass. MS. docket title: Lamson vs. Hammond., NEH-Readex: not in Readex; not at AAS., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 7274338