To Andrew Hamilton gent. or any other attorney of the Court of Common-Pleas for the county of [blank] : and more especially to Thomas Biles of the county of Bucks, gent. Joseph Parker of the county of Chester, gent. Joshua Lawrence of the city of Philadelphia, gent. and Samuel Blunston of the county of Lancaster, gent. jointly and severally. Whereas I [blank] by a certain obligation ... do stand bound unto Samuel Carpenter, Jeremiah Langhorne, William Fishbourn, and Philip Taylor, trustees of the General Loan-Office of the province of Pennsylvania, in the sum of [blank] conditioned for the payment of [blank] with interest for the same, ... These are to desire and authorize you the persons above-named, ... to appear for me ... in the Court of common-Pleas to be held for the said county of [blank] next after default made in payment of any part of the said mortgage-money ... In witness whereof I the said [blank] have set my hand and seal hereunto, dated the [blank] day of [blank] anno Dom. one thousand seven hundred and [blank] Sealed and delivered in the presence of us [blank].
- Corporate Author:
- Pennsylvania. General Loan Office
- [Philadelphia, Pa.] : [Benjamin Franklin], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) ; 33 x 17 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Blunston, Samuel, 1689-1745, Hamilton, Andrew, approximately 1676-1741, Lawrence, Joshua, Parker, Joseph, Franklin, Benjamin, 1706-1790, Brooks, Charles, Jonason, Peter, Parsons, William, and Pennsylvania. Court of Common Pleas (Philadelphia County)
- Power of attorney for a mortgage bond.
Imprint from Miller.
Not in: Evans; Bristol.
Library Company copy completed in MS. for Peter Jonason [sic] for the sum of £200 pounds; dated Oct. 15, 1729 and signed by Peter Joneson [sic]; witnessed by Cha Brooks and Wm. Parsons.
NEH-Readex: not in Readex; not at AAS.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Miller, C.W. Franklin, 10
View MARC record | catkey: 7274718