The modern philosopher; or Terrible tractoration! [microform] : In four cantos, most respectfully addressed to the Royal College of Physicians, London. / By Christopher Caustick, M.D. A.S.S. fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, Aberdeen, and honorary member of no less than nineteen very learned societies
- Fessenden, Thomas Green, 1771-1837
- Uniform Title:
- Terrible tractoration!
- Additional Titles:
- Poetical petition against tractorising trumpery and Terrible tractoration! A poetical petition against galvanising trumpery
- Philadelphia [Pa.] : From the Lorenzo Press of E. Bronson, rinted for I. Riley and Co. New York, 1806.
- Second American edition, revised, corrected, and much enlarged by the author.
- Physical Description:
- xxxii, 271 pages, 1 unnumbered page, 2 unnumbered leaves of plates : illustrations ; 22 cm (8vo)
- Additional Creators:
- Barralet, John James, approximately 1747-1815, Seymour, Samuel, active 1797-1822, Bronson, Enos, 1774-1823, Rush, James, 1786-1869, I. Riley and Co., and Lorenzo Press (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Copyright 1806 by Thomas Green Fessenden., Originally published in London in 1803 under title: A poetical petition against tractorising trumpery. The first American edition was published in New York in 1804 under title: Terrible tractoration! A poetical petition against galvanising trumpery., Plates drawn by J.J. Barralet and engraved by Samuel Seymour., Signatures: ₄ 2-4₄ B-2M⁴ (2M4 verso blank)., Not in Shaw & Shoemaker., "Preface to the second American edition."--p. [v]-xiv, dated: Philadelphia, June 18, 1806., "Introduction to the London edition."--p. [xv]-xxxii., "Additional notes."--p. -271., Library Company copy inscribed: James Rush; p. 161-192 (sig. Y-2B₄) misbound following p. 48., NEH-Readex: not in Readex; not at AAS., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 7275097