A new system of domestic cookery, : formed upon principles of economy, and adapted to the use of private families. / By a lady
- Rundell, Maria Eliza Ketelby, 1745-1828
- Additional Titles:
- Domestic cookery
- Boston [Mass.] : Published by Andrews & Cummings, and L. Blake. Sold by them and O.C. Greenleaf; by Cushing & Appleton, Salem; W. Sawyer & Co. and Thomas & Whipple, Newburyport; C. Peirce and Thomas & Tappan, Portsmouth; T. Clark, Portland; H. Cushing, Providence; Hudson & Goodwin, Hartford; I. Beers & Co. Newhaven; Brisban & Brannan, Newyork; Bachus & Whiting, Albany; Parker & Bliss, Troy; S.F. Bradford, and C. & A. Conrad & Co. Philadelphia; Warner & Hanna, Baltimore, and E. Morford, Charleston, S.C., 1807.
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 6 unnumbered pages, xx, 297 pages, 1 unnumbered page ; 15 cm (12mo)
- Additional Creators:
- Blake, Lemuel, 1775-1861, Bradford, Samuel F. (Samuel Fisher), 1776-1837, Clark, Thomas, 1780-1852, Cushing, Henry, 1777-1860, Greenleaf, Oliver Cromwell, 1777?-1843, Morford, Edmund, 1787-1833, Peirce, Charles, 1770-1851, Andrews and Cummings, Bachus & Whiting, Brisban and Brannan, C. & A. Conrad & Co., Cushing & Appleton, Greenough & Stebbins, Hudson & Goodwin, I. Beers & Co., Parker & Bliss, Thomas & Tappan, Thomas & Whipple, W. Sawyer & Co., and Warner & Hanna
- Attributed to Maria Eliza Rundell. Cf. BM (1956-65)
"Greenough and Stebbins, printers."--colophon.
Signatures: A-U⁶ W⁶ X-2C⁶ (2C6 verso blank).
Not in Shaw & Shoemaker.
Library Company copy contains MS. and newspaper-clipping recipes; imperfect: wanting p. 13-20.
NEH-Readex: not in Readex; not at AAS.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Lowenstein, E. Amer. cookery (3rd ed.), 42
View MARC record | catkey: 7275100