General proofs that the Second Advent of the Lord hath taken place: : and also, the essential doctrines of His new kingdom stated. A sermon delivered in the Unitarian Chapel, Warwick, on Tuesday evening, October 9, 1792. / By J. Proud, N.H.M. To which is added, Dr. Beyer's memorial on the writings of E. Swedenborg, to, and by order of, the King of Sweden
- Proud, J. (Joseph), 1745-1826
- Additional Titles:
- Dr. Beyer's memorial on the writings of E. Swedenborg
- Philadelphia [Pa.] : Printed for a member of the New Jerusalem Church, and for the use of the society--by Lydia R. Bailey, 1815.
- Physical Description:
- 43 pages, 1 unnumbered page ; 17 cm (12mo)
- Additional Creators:
- Beyer, Gabriel Andrew
Bailey, Lydia R., 1779-1869
Cox, James, 1751-1834
General Church of the New Jerusalem
- Signatures: A-C⁶ D⁴ (D4 verso blank).
Not in Shaw & Shoemaker.
"A public memorial on the doctrines of Emanuel Swedenborg; with a statement of his theological writings, delivered the 2d January, 1770, to His Majesty the King of Sweden, in obedience to the royal command. By Dr. Gabriel Andrew Beyer, professor of Greek literature, and member of the Gottenburgh Consistory."--p. -43.
Library Company copy purchased from James Cox, artist, in 1832.
NEH-Readex: not in Readex; not at AAS; LCP also holds HSP copy.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 7275179