Royal letters, charters, and tracts [electronic resource] : relating to the colonization of New Scotland, and the institution of the Order of Knight Baronets of Nova Scotia, 1621-1638 / [edited by David Laing].
- Burlington : TannerRitchie Publishing in collaboration with the Library and Information Services of the University of St Andrews, 2010.
- Searchable text ed.
- Physical Description:
- 4 preliminary leaves, [v]-vi, 291 unnumbered pages : frontispiece (portrait), 2 double maps, facsimiles
- Additional Creators:
- Laing, David, 1793-1878
Bannatyne Club (Edinburgh, Scotland)
- Medieval and early modern sources online
Bannatyne Club publications ; 114
- Restrictions on Access:
- University staff and students only.
- Preface, with royal letters, acts of Privy council, &c., 1621-1636 -- I. Captain John Mason -- II. The King's patent for the plantation of New Scotland, 1621 -- III. Sir William Alexander of Menstrie -- IV. Sir Robert Gordon of Lochinvar -- V. John Burnett of Aberdeen, 1638 -- VI. Nova Scotia papers subsequent to 1640 -- VII. Roll of the Knight Baronets of Nova Scotia, from 1625 to 1638 -- Royal charters under the great seal of Scotland, &c., 1621-1628 -- I. Charter granted to Sie Willaim Alexander, 10 September, 1621 -- II. Charter granted to Sir Robert Grdon, 8 November 1621 -- III. Charter granted to Sir William Alexander, 12 July 1625 -- IV. Charter granted to Sir William Alexander, 2 February 1628 -- Tracts: I. A briefe discourse of the New-found-land, by Captain John Mason (1620) -- II. Nova Scotia, the King's patent to Sir William Alexander ... (1625) --- III. An encouragement to colonies, by Sir William Alexander ... (1624) -- IV. Encouragements for New Galloway, in America, by Sir Robert Gordon of Lochinvar (1625).
- Electronic version in PDF format of the volume published: Edinburgh : [Printed by G. Robb], 1867.
"This volume containing tracts reprinted at the expense of the Bannatyne Club, is completed and presented to the members by the editor"--Prelim.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 7276685