Handbook of applied behavior analysis [electronic resource] / edited by Wayne W. Fisher, Cathleen C. Piazza, Henry S. Roane
- New York : Guilford Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvi, 544 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Fisher, Wayne W., Piazza, Cathleen C., and Roane, Henry S.
- Applied behavior analysis : history, philosophy, principles, and basic methods / Wayne W. Fisher, Rebecca A. Groff, and Henry S. Roane -- Respondent (Pavlovian) conditioning / John W. Donahoe and Rocío Vegas -- Basic operant contingencies : main effects and side effects / A. Charles Catania -- Schedules of reinforcement / F. Charles Mace ... [et al.] -- Stimulus control and generalization / Joseph E. Spradlin and Jennifer L. Simon -- Designing instructional programming for early reading skills / Kathryn J. Saunders -- Defining and measuring behavior / SungWoo Kahng ... [et al.] -- Single-case experimental designs / Henry S. Roane ... [et al.] -- Identifying and enhancing the effectiveness of positive reinforcement / Cathleen C. Piazza, Henry S. Roane, and Amanda Karsten -- Functional and structural approaches to behavioral assessment of problem behavior / David P. Wacker ... [et al.] -- Indirect behavioral assessments : interviews and rating scales / Michael E. Kelley ... [et al.] -- Direct observation / Rachel H. Thompson and John C. Borrero -- Functional analysis : history and methods / Alison M. Betz and Wayne W. Fisher -- Differential reinforcement procedures / Gregory P. Hanley and Jeffrey H. Tiger -- Building complex repertoires from discrete behaviors by establishing stimulus control, behavioral chains, and strategic behavior / George H. Noell, Nathan A. Call, and Scott P. Ardoin -- Teaching verbal behavior / Matt Tincani, Andy Bondy, and Shannon Crozier -- Staff training and management / Dennis H. Reid, Niamh P. O'Kane, and Kenneth M. Macurik -- Developing antecedent interventions for problem behavior / Richard G. Smith -- Developing function-based extinction procedures for problem behavior / Timothy R. Vollmer and Elizabeth Athens -- Developing function-based reinforcement procedures for problem behavior / Wayne W. Fisher and Kelly Bouxsein -- Developing function-based punishment procedures for problem behavior / Dorothea C. Lerman and Lisa M. Toole -- Token economies / Kyle W. Boerke and David Reitman -- Behavioral approaches to education / Brian K. Martens ... [et al.] -- Behavioral treatment of autism / Tiffany Kodak and Laura L. Grow -- Teaching safety skills to children / Raymond G. Miltenberger and Amy C. Gross -- Behavioral pediatrics : integrating applied behavior analysis with pediatric medicine /Patrick C. Friman and Cathleen C. Piazza -- Behavior analysis and treatment of drug addiction / Kenneth Silverman ... [et al.] -- Behavioral gerontology / Linda A. LeBlanc, Paige B. Raetz, and Leilani Feliciano -- Behavior analysis and ethics / William O'Donohue and Kyle E. Ferguson -- Training and professional certification in applied behavior analysis / Gerald L. Shook and James M. Johnston.
- Describing the state of the science of applied behavior analysis (ABA), this comprehensive handbook provides detailed information about theory, research, and intervention. The contributors are leading ABA authorities who present current best practices in behavioral assessment and demonstrate evidence-based strategies for supporting positive behaviors and reducing problem behaviors. Conceptual, empirical, and procedural building blocks of ABA are reviewed and specific applications described in education, autism treatment, addiction treatment, and other areas. The volume also addresses crucial ...
- 9781609185022 (electronic bk.)
1609185021 (electronic bk.)
9781609184681 (hardcover : alk. paper)
1609184688 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 7277950