Narrative pleasures in young adult novels, films, and video games [electronic resource] / Margaret Mackey
- Mackey, Margaret
- Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiii, 258 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Ebooks Corporation
- Asking the questions: how we understand stories -- Beginning: designing the project -- Thinking it through: theoretical frameworks -- Paying attention: provisional observations and inferences -- Entering the fiction: the subjunctive and the deictic centre -- Orienting: finding the way forward -- Filling gaps: inferences, closure, and affect linking -- Making progress or making do: the unconsidered middle -- Concluding: reaching provisional and final judgments -- Inhabiting the story: comparative perspectives -- Understanding narrative interpretation.
- 0230308325 (electronic bk.)
9780230308329 (electronic bk.)
- Description based on print version record.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Perth, W.A. Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 7277995