United Mine Workers of America, Journal Office records, circa 1890-1980
- Corporate Author:
- United Mine Workers of America. Journal Office
- Physical Description:
- 30.03 cubic feet
4 audiotape reels
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unrestricted access. Some of these materials are stored offsite. Please allow three days for retrieval before use.
- This collection consists of the reference files and correspondence, photographs, cartoons, card indexes, and 4 audiotapes used by the United Mine Workers in publishing the United Mine Workers Journal and other serials and publicity.
- In Historical Collections and Labor Archives, University Libraries, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802 (#RG 3.102).
- Administrative History:
- Formed in 1890, the United Mine Workers established a journal in 1891 to inform and to educate its membership and to advocate union positions on negotiations, legislation, benefits, health, and safety. The UMW Journal Office handled editorial duties from 1891 to 1980.
View MARC record | catkey: 7281107