- Plant cells -- Genome organization and gene expression -- Water and plant cells -- Water balance of plants -- Mineral nutrition -- Solute transport -- Photosynthesis : the light reactions -- Photosynthesis : carbon reactions -- Photosynthesis : physiological and ecological considerations -- Translocation in the phloem -- Respiration and lipid metabolism -- Assimilation of mineral nutrients -- Secondary metabolites and plant defense -- Signal transduction -- Cell walls : structure, biogenesis, and expansion -- Growth and development -- Phytochrome and light control of plant development -- Blue-light responses : morphogenesis and stomatal movements -- Auxin : the first discovered plant growth hormone -- Gibberellins : regulators of plant height and seed germination -- Cytokinins : regulators of cell division -- Ethylene : the gaseous hormone -- Abscisic acid : a seed maturation and stress-response hormone -- Brassinosteroids : regulators of cell expansion and development -- The control of flowering -- Responses and adaptations to abiotic stress.
- This fifth edition provides the basics for introductory courses on plant physiology without sacrificing the more challenging material sought by upper division and graduate level students. Many new or revised figures and photographs, study questions and a glossary of key terms have been added.
- 9780878938667 (casebound)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Schatz Library Collection in Tree Genetics; 2011.
- Endowment Note:
- Louis W. Schatz Libraries Collection in Tree Genetics
View MARC record | catkey: 7281284