Peoples and empires : a short history of European migration, exploration, and conquest, from Greece to the present / Anthony Pagden
- Pagden, Anthony
- New York : Modern Library, 
- Copyright Date:
- Modern Library pbk. ed.
- Physical Description:
- xxv, 216 pages ; 21 cm.
- Modern Library chronicles ; 6
- The first world conqueror -- The empire of the Roman people -- Universal empire -- Conquering the ocean -- Spreading the word -- The decline of the Iberian world -- Empires of liberty, empires of trade -- Slavery -- The final frontier -- Empire, race, and nation.
- A short history of European migration, exploration, and conquest, from Greece to the present--Cover.
- 9780812967616 (pbk.)
- "A Modern Library chronicles book."
Description based on surrogate.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -205) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7281614