Trade for growth and poverty reduction : how aid for trade can help
- Paris : OECD, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 89 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hallaert, Jean-Jacques, Hayashikawa, Masato, and Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- dx.doi.org , Connect to online resource via OECD iLibrary
- Restrictions on Access:
- Online version restricted to subscribing institutions.
- Background -- Trade objectives of the Aid for Trade Initiative -- Increasing the benefits of trade for the poor -- Constraints on expanding trade -- Conclusion.
- This publication explains how the Aid for Trade initiative can foster economic growth and reduce poverty, and why it is an important instrument for a development strategy that actively supports poverty alleviation. Unlocking this potential requires carefully designed and sequenced trade reforms. While developing countries have many trade-related needs, but financial resources and political capital for reforms are limited, it is an important priority to tackle the most binding constraints to trade expansion. This report describes the diagnostic tools available, evaluates their strengths and weaknesses, and suggests a dynamic framework to guide the sequencing of reform and donor support.--Publisher's description.
- 9789264101050 (print)
- "This report was written by Jean-Jacques Hallaert ... and Masato Hayashikawa"--Acknowledgements.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Full text available online to subscribers.
View MARC record | catkey: 7287221