Stromatolites [electronic resource] : interaction of microbes with sediments / edited by Vinod C. Tewari and Joseph Seckbach
- Dordrecht ; New York : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxix, 751 pages) : illustrations (some color), maps, color portraits
- Additional Creators:
- Tewari, V. C. and Seckbach, J. (Joseph)
- Cellular origin, life in extreme habitats and astrobiology ; v. 18
- Proterozoic stromatolites of the Itaiacoca Group, southeast Brazil / W.S. Filho, and T.R. Fairchild -- Meso-Neoproterozoic stromatolites from the Indravati and Chhattisgarh basins, central India / R. Guhey et al. -- Stromatolites and cyanobacterial mats in peritidal evaporitive environments in the Neoproterozoic of Bas-Congo (Democratic Republic of Congo) and south Gabon / A.R. Préat et al.] -- Microbiota and microbial mats within ancient stromatolites in South China / C. Ruiji and Y. Leiming -- Morphological changes in microscopic-megascopic life and stromatolites recorded during late Palaeoproterozoic-Neoprotertozoic transition : the Vindhyan Supergroup, India / P. Srivastava and V.C. Tewari -- Farrel quartzite microfossils in the Goldsworthy greenstone belt, Pilbara Craton, Western Australia / Sugitani et al. -- Ediacaran krol carbonates of the Lesser Himalaya, India : stromatolitic facies, depositional environment and diagenesis / V.C. Tewari and M.E. Tucker -- Aptian to Cenomanian deeper-water hiatal stromatolites from the northern Tethyan margin / K. Föllmi et al. -- Phosphatic microbialites in the Triassic phosphogenic facies of Svalbard / K. Krajewski -- Microbialites in the Middle-Upper Jurassic Ammonitico Rosso of the southern Alps (Italy) / F. Massari and H. Westphal -- Microbialites as markers of biotic and abiotic events in the Karst District, Slovenia and Italy / G. Tunis et al. -- Lower Cretaceous stromatolites in Far East Asia : examples in Japan and Korea / A. Yamamoto et al. -- Modern marine stromatolitic structures : the sediment dilemma / K. Browne -- Are cyanobacterial mats precursors of stromatolites / E. Chacón et al. -- Living stromatolites of Shark Bay, Western Australia : microbial inhabitants / F. Goh -- Character, analysis and preservation of biogenicity in terrestrial siliceous stromatolites from geothermal settings / K. Handley and K.A. Campbell -- Microbial diversity in modern stromatolites / J.S. Foster and S.J. Green -- Microbialites and sediments : a two year record of burial and exposure of stromatolites and thrombolites at Highborne Cay Bahamas / R.P. Reid et al. -- Modern stromatolite ecosystems at alkaline and hypersaline high altitude lakes in the Argentinian Puna / M.E. Farías et al. -- Micro-FTIR spectroscopic imaging of ~1,900 Ma stromatolitic chert / M. Igisu et al. -- Elemental and isotopic analysis by NanoSIMS : insights for the study of stromatolites and early life on earth / M.R. Kilburn and D. Wacey -- Stromatolites, organic walled microorganisms, laser Raman spectroscopy and confocal laser scanning microscopy of the Meso-Neoproterozoic Buxa Formation, Ranjit Window, Sikkim Lesser Himalaya, NE India / V.C. Tewari -- Petrology, elemental and isotopic geochemistry, and geomicrobiology of carbonate infillings and biofilms lining cracks below the Neoproterozoic (Sturtian) cap carbonate in the Mirabat inlier, southernmost Oman / M.E. Brookfield et al. -- Cave geomicrobiology in India : status and prospects / S. Baskar et al. -- The role of sulfate reduction in stromatolites and microbial mats : ancient and modern perspectives / J. Dillon -- Carbonate sediments microbially induced by anaerobic oxidation of methane in hydrocarbon seeps / R.G. Jenkins and Y. Hikida -- Biostratigraphy, sedimentation and chemostratigraphy of the Tertiary Neotethys sediments from the NE Himalaya, India / K. Lokho and V.C. Tewari -- Evidence of microbial biomineralization in modern and ancient stromatolites / E. Perri and A. Spadafora -- Possible Fe isotope fractionation during microbiological processing in ancient and modern marine environments / A.R. Préat et al. -- New representations on the nature of stromatolites / E.L. Sumina and D.L. Sumin -- Sulfur isotopes in stromatolites / H. Strauss -- Preservation potential and habitability of clay minerals- and iron-rich environments : novel analogs for the 2011 Mars Science Laboratory mission / R. Bonaccorsi -- The sulfur cycle on the early Earth : implications for the search of life on Europa and elsewhere / J. Chela-Flores and V.C. Tewari -- Summary, conclusions and future prospects / J. Seckbach and V.C. Tewari.
- 9789400703971 (electronic bk.) and 940070397X (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 7287787