Ensuring quality of PV modules [electronic resource] : preprint / Sarah Kurtz [and others].
- Additional Titles:
- Ensuring quality of photovoltaic modules
- [Golden, CO] : National Renewable Energy Laboratory, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (6 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Kurtz, S. R.
National Renewable Energy Laboratory (U.S.)
IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (37th : 2011 : Seattle, Wash.)
- NREL/CP ; 5200-50651
- Photovoltaic (PV) customers need to have confidence in the PV modules they purchase. Currently, no test can quantify a module's lifetime with confidence, but stress tests are routinely used to differentiate PV product designs. We suggest that the industry would be strengthened by using the wisdom of the community to develop a single set of tests that will help customers quantify confidence in PV products. This paper evaluates the need for quality assurance (QA) standards and suggests a path for creating these. Two types of standards are needed: 1) QA of the module design and 2) QA of the manufacturing process.
- Title from title screen (viewed July 27, 2011).
"Presented at the 37th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC 37), Seattle, Washington, June 19-24, 2011."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 6).
- Funding Information:
- Technical Details:
- Full text available via Internet in .pdf format. Adobe Acrobat Reader required.
View MARC record | catkey: 7289561