Financial engineering [electronic resource] : the evolution of a profession / Tanya Beder and Cara M. Marshall [editors].
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvi, 595 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Beder, Tanya S., Marshall, Cara M., and Ebooks Corporation
- Robert W. Kolb series in finance
- pt. 1. Overview -- pt. 2. Financial engineering and the evolution of major markets -- pt. 3. Key applications of financial engineering -- pt. 4. Case studies in financial engineering : the good, the bad, and the ugly -- pt. 5. Special topics in financial engineering -- pt. 6. Appendices.
- "A comprehensive guide to the essential aspects of financial engineering Divided into four informative parts, this resource puts financial engineering in perspective and gives readers a better understanding of how it can be applied in real-world situations. Readers will gain familiarity with the different players, developments, and products of various markets-from fixed income, equity, and derivatives to foreign exchange-and learn about the role financial engineering has played in each one. Financial engineering is widely accepted around the globe, and this book has the information and insights that will allow readers to enhance their understanding of such a complex field. Part of the Robert W. Kolb Series in Finance, this book will be the essential guide to this complex and ever-evolving topic. Tanya S. Beder (New York, NY) is currently Chairman of SBCC in New York. She has written numerous articles in the financial area that have been published. Cara M. Marshall (Port Jefferson, NY) co-founded Marshall, Tucker & Associates, which has served the financial services industry since the 1980s as a derivatives consulting and financial engineering firm. Robert W. Kolb (Chicago, IL) is the Frank W. Considine Chair of Applied Ethics and Professor of Finance at Loyola University, Chicago."--
- 0470889810 (electronic bk.)
9780470889817 (electronic bk.)
- Description based on print version record.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Perth, W.A. Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 7291544