Burns's Obstetrical works : the anatomy of the gravid uterus : with practical inferences relative to pregnancy and labour : observations on abortion : containing an account of the manner in which it takes place : the causes which produce it : and the method of preventing or treating it : practical observations on the uterine hemorrhage : with remarks on the management of the placenta / by John Burns ... ; three volumes in one
- Burns, John, 1774-1850
- New-York : Published and sold by Collins and Perkins, printers and importers of medical books to the College of Physicians and Surgeons in New-York, and to the New-York Hospital, 1809.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 256 pages : 2 plates (1 folded) ; 22 cm (8vo)
- Additional Creators:
- Burns, John, 1774-1850 and Kearny, Francis, 1785-1837
Full Text available online
- Observations on abortion ... From the second London edition, improved by the author.-- Practical observations on the uterine hemorrhage.-- The anatomy of the gravid uterus.
- NLM copy 1 has ownership signature of Abe C.[?] Simmons jun., Hanover Sept 4, 1809 on front flyleaf. and NLM copy 2 has ownership signature of Adin Hall on front flyleaf, with a later inscription: "The above was father of the Late Erasmus Darwin Hall, M.D. of New Haven, Vermont ..."
- Each work has special title page., "Originally published as distinct works." - Advertisement, by the American publishers., First engraved plate is signed: F. Kearny sc., and Film 633 reel 20 is part of Research Publications Early American Medical Imprints collection (RP reel 20, no. 360).
- With NLM copy 1 is bound: Prospectus of "Mitchill and Miller's repository & review" [i. e. the Medical repository]. and With NLM copy 2 is bound: Collins and Perkins, firm, publishers, New York. Catalogue of books. [New-York, 1809].
- Other Forms:
- Also available online.
- Action Note:
- Condition reviewed 20110412 conservation not necessary, digitized 2011 NLM permanence rating: Permanent: Unchanging content, and Will digitize 20090317
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Austin, R.B. Early Amer. medical imprints, 360 and Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 17125
View MARC record | catkey: 7398784