The student voice handbook : bridging the academic/practitioner divide / edited by Gerry Czerniawski and Warren Kidd
- Bingley, UK : Emerald, 2011.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xxxviii, 448 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Czerniawski, Gerry and Kidd, Warren
- Machine generated contents note: pt. ONE THEORISING STUDENT VOICE -- Editors' Summary to Part One -- 1.Student Voice and the Possibility of Radical Democratic Education: Re-Narrating Forgotten Histories, Developing Alternative Futures / Michael Fielding -- 2.Coming to Terms with `Voice' / Pat Thomson -- 3.Student Voice and New Models of Teacher Professionalism / Emma Wisby -- 4.Every Child Matters, But Not Every Child is Heard / Rita Cheminais -- 5.Beyond `Student' Voice: The School or College as a Citizenship-rich, Human Scale and Voice-Friendly Community / Tony Breslin -- 6.Not Capturing Voices: A Poststructurul Critique of the Privileging of Voice in Research / Charlotte Chadderton -- pt. TWO STUDENT VOICE IN PRACTICE -- Editors' Summary to Part Two -- 7.`We're the Ones Who Are Going to Live Here': Children's Voices in the Regeneration of Their Local Area / Joanne Kenworthy -- 8.`Everyone in the World Can See It' --- Developing Pupil Voice through Online Social Networks in the Primary Classroom / Martin Waller -- 9.Student Voice in the Secondary School Context: A Case Study of the Benefits of Schools, Local Authorities and Higher Education Institutions Working Together / Bev Millington -- 10.Student Researchers Exploring Teaching and Learning: Processes and Issues / Anita Porter -- 11.From Ethos to Practice --- Pupil Voice at the Sweyne Park School / Carina Seal -- 12.Improving Quality, Developing Citizens: Learner Voice in Post-Compulsory Education and Training / Bernadette Joslin -- 13.`They Could Run this Place Without Us!' Using Student Voice to Improve Teaching and Learning in a Sixth Form College / Alia Islam -- 14.`What About What I Think of School?' - Student Voice in Special and Inclusive Education: A Practitioner and Personal Response / Geoff Lindsay -- 15.How Might the Student Voice Affect Transformation in Higher Education? / Julie Baldry Currens -- pt. THREE THE ROLE OF STUDENT VOICE IN INFORMING TEACHERS' PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE -- Editors' Summary to Part Three -- 16.Setting the Learning Agenda: Can Pupils Do That? / Mick Waters -- 17.Student Voice: Changing Practice and Developing Partnerships / Gill Mullis -- 18.Students Training Teachers / Joy Morgan -- 19.Enabling Students' Right to Participate in a Large Sixth Form College: Different Voices, Mechanisms and Agendas / David Godfrey -- 20.The Student Voice in Teacher Training and Professional Development / Rai Shaddock -- pt. FOUR CAPTURING STUDENT VOICE -- Editors' Summary to Part Four -- 21.How to Hear and to Heed the Student Voice / Fiona Campbell -- 22.Trust, Contextual Sensitivity and Student Voice / Su Galick -- 23.Research Methods for Pupil Engagement: Hearing Student Voice / Joanne Waterhouse -- 24.Authentic Voice: The Role of Methodology and Method in Transformational Research / Tina Cook -- 25.uSpeak. iPod, iTrain: Adopting Emergent Technologies to Inform Trainee Teachers of Young Learners' Views of Teaching and Learning / Warren Kidd -- 26.Pupil Voice and Action Research / Rita Cheminais -- 27.Two Languages --- Two Voices: Magda and Albana Become Authors / Raymoiule Sneddon -- pt. FIVE STUDENT VOICES AROUND THE WORLD -- Editors' Summary to Part Five -- 28.The Ethical Dimensions of Student Voice Activities in the United States / Emily R. Crawford -- 29.Voices for Change: Student Voices on Sexuality and HIV/AIDS Education / Susan Kiragu -- 30.Marginalised Students and Insider Knowledge / Derek Bland -- 31.Developing the `Tact of Researching": The Ethically Aware Researcher Giving `Voice to Students' --- a Swedish Context / Catrine Kostenius -- 32.Students' Experiences of Enquiry-Based Learning: Chinese Student Voices on Changing Pedagogies / Wei Kan -- 33.Political Learning through the Prefigurative: The Case of the Brazilian Landless Movement / Tristan McCowan -- Conclusion -- 34.Conclusion: From Blackboard, to Whiteboard, to `Smart Board[™]' - Where Are We Heading? / Warren Kidd.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7399307