Disobeying orders [electronic resource] : G. I. resistance to the Vietnam war / produced by Pamela Sporn
- New York, NY : Filmakers Library, 1990.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (29 min.)
- Additional Creators:
- Sporn, Pam
- Language Note:
- This documentary focuses on the antiwar movement within the armed forces. Interviews with Vietnam veterans, including a navy nurse, are interwoven with archival photos, film footage, and popular music of the 1960s. One nurse coordinated an air drop of antiwar leaflets over her naval base for which she was court-martialed. A black soldier spent time in the stockade for his protest of the military s racial discrimination. This film highlights the intersection of the civil rights and antiwar movements, and the ethics of whether to follow orders that one feels are immoral.
- Audience Notes:
- For High School; College; Adult audiences.
- Originally released as DVD.
Title from resource description page (viewed May 24, 2011).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2011. (Filmakers library online). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 7399993