Primetime war [electronic resource] / by Highlight Production for Channel 4.
- New York, NY : Filmakers Library, 2000.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (57 min.)
- Additional Creators:
- Highlight Production
- ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu , Access restricted to subscribers.
- Language Note:
- This film focuses on two cameramen who bring the horror of the Israeli/Arab conflict nightly into homes around the world. Although one is Israeli, working for the Associated Press and the other is Palestinian, working for BBC, they are good friends and colleagues. What is remarkable about this film is that it shows how the media affects the very events it covers.The battles heat up and the rhetoric becomes more vociferous when the video camera rolls. These two friends from opposite sides conduct a continual debate about their job and what they witness.They question the validity of their work and express their moral dilemma concerning the role and responsibility of the media in reporting the events they are paid to cover. For once the cameras are turned onto the news gatherers, whose presence makes the combatants perform for a tv audience.
- Audience Notes:
- For College; Adult audiences.
- Originally released as DVD.
Title from resource description page (viewed May 24, 2011).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2011. (Filmakers library online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Florida Gulf Coast Jewish Film Festival, 2000
North Carolina Jewish Film Festival, 2003
San Diego Jewish Film Festival, 2000
View MARC record | catkey: 7400424