Paradise lust : searching for the Garden of Eden / Brook Wilensky-Lanford
- Wilensky-Lanford, Brook, 1977-
- New York : Grove Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 291 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (some color), maps (some color) ; 24 cm
- Unity. The last giant man of Eden ; The Great Divide ; The serpent lesson -- Civilization. The Salt River ; Far East of Eden ; Practically Paradise ; The tree is dead, long live the tree -- Interlude : survival of the witness -- Progress. The Location Committee ; Mother Eve's great decision ; Back to the land -- Exile. An evolving creation ; The once and future Eden ; The beginning or the end? ; Last tree standing.
- Contending that the search for a literal Garden of Eden has not faded with progressive understandings about evolution, a survey of modern quests to discover Eden's location reveals how the same biblical verses have inspired efforts in numerous regions.
- Maps on lining papers.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 259-285).
View MARC record | catkey: 7402185