Quaternary glaciations-- Extent and chronology [electronic resource] : a closer look / edited by Jurgen Ehlers, Philip L. Gibbard and Philip D. Hughes
- Developments in Quaternary sciences ; v. 15
- Quaternary glaciations in Austria / Dirk van Husen -- The Pleistocene glaciations in Belarus / A.K. Karabanov and A.V. Matveyev -- Pleistocene glaciations of Czechia / Daniel Nývlt, Zbyněk Engel and Jaroslav Tyráček -- Pleistocene glaciations in Denmark : a closer look at chronology, ice dynamics and landforms / Michael Houmark-Nielsen -- The glacial history of the British Isles during the early and middle Pleistocene : implications for the long-term development of the British ice sheet / Jonathan R. Lee ... [et al.] -- Pleistocene glacial limits in Great Britain / Philip L. Gibbard and Chris D. Clark -- Pleistocene glaciations in Estonia / Volli Kalm ... [et al.] -- The glaciation of Finland / Peter Johansson, Juha Pekka Lunkka and Pertti Sarala -- Quaternary glaciations in the French Alps and Jura / Jean-François Buoncristiani and Michel Campy -- Recent advances in research on Quaternary glaciations in the Pyrenees / Marc Calvet ... [et al.] -- Late Pleistocene (Würmian) glaciations of the Caucasus / Ramin Gobejishvili, Nino Lomidze and Levan Tielidze -- Pleistocene glaciations of North Germany / Jürgen Ehlers ... [et al.] -- Pleistocene glaciations of southern Germany / Markus Fiebig, Dietrich Ellwanger and Gerhard Doppler -- Glaciation in Greece : a new record of cold stage environments in the Mediterranean / Jamie C. Woodward and Philip D. Hughes -- Pliocene and Pleistocene glaciations of Iceland : a brief overview of the glacial history / Áslaug Geirsdóttir -- Middle Pleistocene to Holocene glaciations in the Italian Apennines / Carlo Giraudi -- Pleistocene glaciations in Latvia / Vitālijs Zelčs ... [et al.] -- Pleistocene glaciations in Lithuania / Rimantė Guobytė and Jonas Satkūnas -- Pleistocene glaciation in the Netherlands / Cees Laban and Jaap J.M. van der Meer -- The Pleistocene glaciations of the North Sea basin / Alastair G.C. Graham ... [et al.] -- Glacial history of Norway / Jan Mangerud ... [et al.] -- Quaternary glaciations in Poland / Leszek Marks -- New evidence on the Quaternary glaciation in the Romanian Carpathians / Petru Urdea ... [et al.] -- Ice margins of northern Russia revisited / Valery Astakhov -- Glaciations of the East European Plain : distribution and chronology / A.A. Velichko ... [et al.] -- Glacial history of the Barents Sea region / Tore O. Vorren ... [et al.] -- Glacial history of the Taymyr Peninsula and the Severnaya Zemlya Archipelago, Arctic Russia / Per Möller ... [et al.] -- Glacial history of Slovenia / Miloš Bavec and Tomaž Verbič -- Quaternary glaciations of Turkey / Mehment Akif Sarikaya, Attila Çiner and Marek Zreda -- Limits of the Pleistocene glaciations in the Ukraine : a closer look / Andrei V. Matoshko -- Chronology and extent of late Cenozoic ice sheets in North America : a magnetostratigraphical assessment / René W. Barendregt and Alejanda Duk-Rodkin -- Alaska palaeo-glacier atlas (version 2) / Darrell S. Kaufman ... [et al.] -- Glaciations of the Sierra Nevada, California, USA / Alan R. Gillespie and Douglas H. Clark -- Pleistocene glaciation of Hawaii / Stephen C. Porter -- Quaternary glaciations in Illinois / B. Brandon Curry, David A. Grimley and E. Donald McKay III -- Ice-margin fluctuations at the end of the Wisconsin episode, Michigan, USA / Grahame J. Larson -- The Quaternary of Minnesota / C.E. Jennings and M.D. Johnson -- Pleistocene glaciation of Ohio, USA / John P. Szabo, Michael P. Angle and Alex M. Eddy -- The glaciation of Pennsylvania, USA / Duane D. Braun -- Glaciation of western Washington, USA / Stephen C. Porter -- The Quaternary of Wisconsin : an updated review of stratigraphy, glacial history and landforms / Kent M. Syverson and Patrick M. Colgan -- Summary of early and middle Pleistocene glaciations in northern Missouri, USA / Charles W. Rovey II and Greg Balco -- Pleistocene glaciation of British Columbia / John J. Clague and Brent Ward -- Limits of successive middle and late Pleistocene continental ice sheets, interior plains of southern and central Alberta and adjacent areas / Lionel E. Jackson, Laurence D. Andriashek and Fred M. Phillips -- Magnetostratigraphy of Quaternary sections in eastern Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba / René W. Barendregt -- Late Pleistocene-early Holocene decay of the Laurentide ice sheet in Québec-Labrador / Serge Occhietti ... [et al.] -- The Appalachian glacier complex in Maritime Canada / Rudolph R. Stea ... [et al.] -- Stratigraphical record of glacials/interglacials in northwest Canada / Alejandra Duk-Rodkin and René W. Barendregt -- The Greenland ice sheet during the past 300,000 years : a review / Svend Funder ... [et al.] -- Pleistocene glaciations in southern Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego / Andrea Coronato and Jorge Rabassa -- Pleistocene glaciations in northern Patagonia, Argentina : an updated review / Oscar Martínez, Andrea Coronato and Jorge Rabassa -- The high-glacial (Last Glacial Maximum glacier cover of the Aconcagua Group and adjacent massifs in the Mendoza Andes (South America) with a closer look at further empirical evidence / Matthias Kuhle -- The Pleistocene glaciations of Chile / Stephan Harrison and Neil F. Glasser -- Late Quaternary glaciations in Bolivia : comments on some new approaches to dating morainic sequences / Klaus Heine -- Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia / Jeff La Frenierre, Kyung In Huh and Bryan G. Mark -- Late Quaternary glaciations of Ecuador / Klaus Heine -- Quaternary glaciations of Colombia / Karin F. Helmens -- Late Quaternary glaciations in the Venezuelan (Mérida) Andes / Volli Kalm and William C. Mahaney -- Costa Rica and Guatemala / Matthew S. Lachniet and Alex J. Roy -- Late Quaternary glaciation in Mexico / Lorenzo Vázquez-Selem and Klaus Heine -- Late Pleistocene glaciation of the Hindu Kush, Afghanistan / Stephen C. Porter -- Late Pleistocene glaciations in north-east Asia / O. Yu. Glushkova -- Extent and timing of Quaternary glaciations in the Verkhoyansk Mountains / Georg Stauch and Frank Lehmkuhl -- Glaciation in the high mountains of Siberia / Vladimir S. Sheinkman -- Late Quaternary glaciation of northern Pakistan / Ulrich Kamp and Lewis A. Owen -- Quaternary glaciation of northern India / Lewis A. Owen -- The high glacial (last Ice Age and Last Glacial Maximum) ice cover in of high and Central Asia, with a critical review of some recent OSL and TCN dates / Matthias Kuhle -- The extent and timing of late Pleistocene glaciations in the Altai and neighbouring mountain systems / Frank Lehmkuhl, Michael Klinge and Georg Stauch -- Quaternary glaciations : extent and chronology in China / Zhou Shangzhe ... [et al.] -- Late Pleistocene and early Holocene glaciations in the Taiwanese high mountain ranges / Margot Böse and Robert Hebenstreit -- Late Quaternary glaciations in Japan / Takanobu Sawagaki and Tatsuto Aoki -- The glaciation of the south-east Asian equatorial region / M.L. Prentice ... [et al.] -- The glaciation of Australia / Eric A. Colhoun and Timothy T. Barrows -- Quaternary glaciers of New Zealand / D.J.A. Barrell -- Quaternary glaciations of the Atlas Mountains, North Africa / Philip D. Hughes, C.R. Fenton and Philip L. Gibbard -- Quaternary glacial chronology of Mount Kenya massif / William C. Mahaney -- Glaciation in southern Africa and in the sub-Antarctic / Kevin Hall and Ian Meiklejohn.
- The book presents an up-to-date, detailed overview of the Quaternary glaciations all over the world, not only with regard to stratigraphy but also with regard to major glacial landforms and the extent of the respective ice sheets. The locations of key sites are included. The information is presented in digital, uniformly prepared maps which can be used in a Geographical Information System (GIS) such as ArcView or ArcGIS. The accompanying text supplies the information on how the data were obtained (geomorphology, geological mapping, air photograph evaluation, satellite imagery), how the features were dated (14C, TL, relative stratigraphy) and how reliable they are supposed to be. All references to the underlying basic publications are included. Where controversial interpretations are possible e.g. in Siberia or Tibet, this is pointed out. As a result, the information on Quaternary glaciations worldwide will be much improved and supplied in a uniform digital format. The information on the glacial limits is compiled in digital form by the coordinators of the project, and is available to the readers in the form of CD-ROMs, which are included with the book. * completely updated detailed coverage of worldwide Quaternary glaciations * information in digital, uniformly prepared maps which can be used in a GIS such as ArcView or ArcGis * step-by-step guideline how to open and use ArcGis files* possibility to convert the shapefiles into GoogleEarth kmz-files, availabe on the included CD.* availability of chronological controls.
- 9780444534477 (electronic bk.), 0444534474 (electronic bk.), 9786613164377, 6613164372, 9780444535375 (electronic bk.), and 0444535373 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7402885