Electronics simplified [electronic resource] / Ian Sinclair
- Sinclair, Ian Robertson
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier, 
- Copyright Date:
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xi, 356 pages)
- Electricity, waves, and pulses -- Passive Components -- Active components and integrated circuits -- Linear circuits -- Block and circuit diagrams -- How traditional radio works -- Disc and tape recording -- Elements of television -- Digital signals -- Gating and logic circuits -- Counting and correcting -- Compact disc system and beyond -- Microprocessors, calculators and computers -- Computers and peripherals -- Computer construction and software -- Digital television and radio.
- Electronics Simplified is essential reading for everyone who wants to know more about the electronics revolution. No previous knowledge is assumed, and by focusing on how systems work, rather than on details of circuit diagrams and calculations, this book introduces you to the key principles and technology of modern electronics without needing access to expensive equipment or laboratories. This approach also enables you to gain a firm grasp of the principles they will be applying in the lab. Explains electronics from fundamentals to applications - No other book has such breadth of coverage Approachable, clear writing style, with minimal math - No previous knowledge of electronics required! Now fully revised and updated to include coverage of the latest developments in electronics: Blu-ray, HD, 3-D TV, digital TV and radio, miniature computers, robotic systems and more.
- 9780080970639 (electronic bk.)
008097063X (electronic bk.)
- "Previously published as Electronics made simple."
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 7402899